Do you ever notice how as you age, the years seem to fly by faster than when you were younger? Well another year has flown by really fast, filled with highs and lows, achievements and tragedies, love and loss. Here are some of my favorite memories of this past year:
Moments with Family
- The four of us trying to escape “The Inferno” at an Escape room and not quite making it out.
- Cross country skiing in the dark to dinner with my husband, Steve.
- My son, Drew, graduating from University of Illinois, followed by a 4-week trip to Israel and Europe, and then beginning his job in downtown Chicago as a software engineer.
- My mom and I continued with another summer of weekly visits to the botanic garden and a visit to the Morton Arboretum including a hike through a spruce forest.
- Seeing Pentatonix at Ravinia with Steve, Drew, and Victoria.
- Enjoying a sleepover with my niece, Molly, while attending an OOV class in Chicago and spending time with Drew and Adam (my nephew), watching Something Rotten at the Marriott theater.
- Feeling very proud when my daughter, Jenna, went to Washington D.C. to lobby for improving the home care industry.
- Visiting family and friends in southern California with my mom, including a visit to the Fullerton Arboretum.
- Annual Latke making with Drew while listening to show tunes.
Moments with Friends
- Celebrating our 25th New Years gathering with friends from my Lutheran General days: The Gruensfelders and The Hilberts (The Dalys couldn’t make it this year).
- Escaping Chicago’s polar vortex to visit Jenna in Tampa along with my friend Mara.
- Renting a house in Benton Harbor, MI, on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan,with my best friends, Jenny, Amy, and Mara for relaxation, yoga, and walking on the beach. We also hiked the dunes, visited a farmer’s market, went apple picking, and did some shopping.
- Learning how to use the OOV.
- Enjoying the camaraderie of old, like minded friends with the first new IMT class in 9 years
- Writing blog posts at the wheeling library.
- Celebrating a banner year of Business growth for The Manual Touch. In fact, I am ready to hire another PT!
- Sadly, I lost my acupuncturist tenant, David Derdiger, but I am happy for him as he moved on to a new venture.
- Excited that Allbirds, my favorite shoes, created a waterproof, merino wool shoe – the Mizzle!
- Thankful for a year of good health among my family, friends, and myself.
- Amazed at the complexity, difficulty and beauty of Simone Biles gymnastic feats to become the most decorated gymnast.
- So sad that my favorite show, The Big Bang Theory, ended. Although, the ending went out with a perfect Big Bang and I now own all the seasons in my Google Play so I can enjoy it whenever I want!
- Learning how to enjoy a good cup of green tea which can only truly be appreciated out of a ceramic mug/cup.
Wishing you and your family peace, joy, and good health this holiday season and into the new year!
Loribeth Cohen says
love it, Denise. thank you for being open and sharing.
sharing is caring.
blessings to you and your loved ones in 2020.
Barbara Berman says
You are one of the blessings in my life in 2019. I will see you in an hour and I intend to improve my health and well-being with your guidance in 2020.
This is great! Thanks for sharing.
Byron Moenter says
Very nice summary. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for all the wonderful work you do for your patients.
Elaine Kupfer says
I am a new patient and feel very lucky to have been working with you and also getting to know more about you through sharing.