To recover from or prevent back pain, you need to have a strong core. Your core consists of your abdominals, back, and hips. In this video, we’ll walk you through core stabilization exercises to improve and maintain your core and back strength. Here are 3 exercises to eliminate back pain!
To strengthen your back, you must strengthen your CORE
All three of the exercises we show you in the video above start from the following position:
- First, wrap a fitness loop around your thighs
- Then, lay down on your back on the floor or bed with your knees bent
- Pull your knees out slightly on the fitness loop to engage your glutes
- Engage your abs as instructed in our engaging abs video but be sure not to flatten your back
- Keep your abs engaged throughout each of the following three exercises
Core stabilization exercise #1.
- Raise your arms to 90 degrees holding a light weight such as 1-3# in each hand
- Alternate raising your arms over your head and return back to 90
Core stabilization exercise #2.
- Raise your arms to 90 degrees holding a light weight
- Open your arms out to the side and bring back together
Core stabilization exercise #3.
- Holding a weight about 1-5#, in both hands
- Rest your hands at your hips
- And Raise both arms overhead and back down to hips
When you feel ready, challenge yourself.
When you feel confident that you can keep your core stabilized with these exercises on the floor, you can advance the same exercises by doing them on a more challenging surface such as a foam roll or a swiss ball.
How often should you do these core exercises?
For best results, perform each exercise 10x each day. After 2-8 weeks you should feel that you can stabilize your core well, have no back pain and are ready to be more challenged. There is a big difference between 2 and 8 weeks, but that is because everybody is different and some people will create muscle memory faster than others. Just stick with it as long as it takes to see results. As your core gets stronger you will have less back pain as you move about your day.
Is There a Solution for Lower Back Pain?
Are you struggling with lower back pain or sciatica? Is it keeping you from doing the activities you enjoy? If so, I’d like to invite you to our FREE workshop to learn the 3 main causes and how to heal naturally.